Monday, December 29, 2014

New Years Grunge

Hey Y'all!
Today I have a grunge New Years Mani.
This design is super simple but the end result looks so much more involved. 

Here's How:
I started with a base of OPI "Push&Shove." Just a quick base, it doesn't have to be perfect as we're gonna cover it up. 

Then I added a few drops of black (Salon Perfect "Oil Slick") and a few drops of gold (Essence "A Piece Of Forever") and then 1 drop of silver (OPI "Push&Shove") just to keep the silver a little visible.

Next take a ziplock sandwich bag and place it onto the nail and smoosh it all around, blendin the colors together. Try not to blend too much or you will lose some of the colors. 

Then we just cleanup the big spots with a qtip and acetone and the cuticle with a cleanup brush.

Last use your favorite top coat to seal it in. I use Salon Perfect as always.

And there's your design! 
Here's the video: (I did captions for this one as I'm sick and don't have a voice)


I just love how this turned out. It's real grunge and yet so stunnin. 
Also it's somethin super simple, and takes hardly no time and no tools. You could get this done in a half hour or less before a party, use a quick dry top coat and head out the door. 

Hope y'all enjoyed this. If you get inspired by me use my tag #MagsyInspired on instagram so I can see! 

Just a few more days til a brand new year!

Find Me Here Too:

~Maags



No comments:

Post a Comment