Monday, December 1, 2014

Island Girl Swatches

Aloha Y'all! 
It's time for new Island Girl swatches!
I went to vegas for Thanksgiving to see some family and of course couldn't leave without grabbin some new Island Girls! 
I picked up 7, all within the pink/orange family, which I just noticed! buahah!

First up is "Big Island Volcano"
It's a beautiful white pearl. Definitely would be beautiful for a base on a Christmas snow mani! 
This swatch is 3 coats. It's a little bit streaky but not too bad. You can probably do 2 coats but I went ahead and did one more just for overall coverage. 

"Tropical Breeze"
A baby pink pearl. This has the same streakyness as the white but it's really not too bad. Again this is 3 coats and probably could be 2 but for definite full coverage I did 3. I really like the color of this pink though. It's a baby pink but there's just somethin about it that's different than others I've seen.

"Molokai Dream"
A gorgeous perfect pink cream! I loooooove creams they are my fave! This pink is no disappointment! This is 2 coats. Just perfect. 

"Hula Festival"
I really like this one. It's unique to me. It's a red pearl. I don't think I've seen one like this in awhile. It's red but also pinky. I believe this one was only 2 coats, which was great compared to the other pearls. It is a little streaky like the others but again doesn't bother me too much. I'll probably have this in a Christmas mani as well!

"Hula Girl"
This is 2 coats. This polish is a few different kinds in one. It's a color shifting orange cream/pearl. It's thin but also creamy and covers in just a couple coats. It's just gorgeous! It's a unique orange and then has a purple sheen throughout it. 
This angle shows the purple shimmer in it. It's probably my favorite out of this group. 

"Tropical Girl"
This is a gold color shifting metallic. 2 coats. It's really neat because it looks gold but then this picture is really showin it pink. It has multiple colors in it. The consistency is weird. It goes on pretty smooth but then dries a little rough and has a little bit of streaking but again nothin you wouldn't expect with a metallic. 

"Tropical Dream"
This is a maroon kind of purplish metallic. It's got a little silver to it as well. 2 coats. Same consistency as the other metallic. 
This angle is a little more true to color.

Island girl polishes retail for about 2.99 and are only available in vegas or Hawaii. So if you find yourself in one of those places stop by an ABC store and grab some! 

That's it for today! 
Thanks for stoppin by! 

Aloha!

Find Me Here Too:

~Maags





No comments:

Post a Comment