Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Layered Snowflakes

Hey y'all!
Today I have a Christmas/Winter design that I've been wantin to do all month! I've seen a few people do this design this year and I had to do mine too!
It's a layered snowflake design! 
Part Stampin, part Watermarble. 

I used Bundle Monster Plate 319

and my Winstonia Store squishy stamper.

Then I used Salon Perfect "Smooth Sailing" blue to stamp with. Put your polish on the stamp of your choice. 

Then use your scraper and I like to scrape towards me, it works better for me. 

Immediately pick up the image with your stamper and roll it onto your nail. with this stamper you don't need to roll it, it will still transfer but I just rolled it anyways. 

And There's the image on the nail, which we left naked to start with. I was sooooo happy with stampin today! It just worked perfectly and I was able to just run through all ten of my nails! 

Next I added Salon Perfect "Snowed In" on top of the first stamps to represent snow.

Then we need our cup of water, which doesn't have to be perfect because we're not actually drawin a watermarble design. I used 1 drop of Pure Ice "Bikini" light blue into the water. Then I dip my nail into the blue and clean up the rest of the water. Take your nail out and see how it creates a snowy fog over the whole design. 

Then cleanup all around your finger with a qtip and acetone and let it dry completely. 

Now we're gonna do another layer of snowflakes, but with a darker blue Pure Ice "Party Hard." Place the polish on the snowflake plate.

Use your scraper. Pic it up with the stamper and place it onto the nail. You wanna place the darker snowflakes kind of overlapping the lighter ones but also coverin a little more blank space. 

Then we do the marble again twice this time to create a deeper fog over the whole design.

Then top coat it to seal in your design. I use Salon Perfect as always. 

and here's both hands. 
Here's the video: 



I just love the way this turned out! I'm so glad I finally got to do this design! I almost forgot it, until this weekend I remembered it! 
If you try this design use my tag #MagsyInspired on Instagram so I can see!

2 Days til Christmas!

Find Me Here Too:

~Maags




No comments:

Post a Comment