Thursday, December 11, 2014

12DOCC: Christmas Tree Water Marble

Hey y'all!
Today is a double theme post. 
It's my "Christmas Tree" theme for @rockyournails 12DOCC and also a Then & Now!
I did this design 3 years ago when my nails were super bad and I was just startin out in nail art. The only way I painted my nails back then was watermarblin. It wasn't too bad but my video quality was poor from my ipod touch and my technique wasn't where I am today. 
Ah the claw! buahahhaha! My nails were a mess from acrylics and I didn't know really how to take care of them so see this is proof everyone starts somewhere and with some practice and will you can get where you want! 

I have some photos of each step but I'll also put the video link as it's much easier to learn a marble from watchin it!

Start with your nail painted with the lightest color you're usin. I always prefer that to usin white as a base because sometimes the white shows through after cleanup or if there's air bubbles. Also tape around your finger or use whatever method you like to keep the polish off the finger. 

Then start buildin your bullseye in the water, one drop at a time. I did Sinful Colors "Pistache" then Sinful Colors "Exotic Green" and then Elf "Thunderstorm". I did 4 rings of each color because it helps in the next step to have enough design in the end. 

Take your needle or orange wood stick or small dotting tool and draw up to the top and down to the bottom of the cup so it looks like this. 

Then you're gonna draw from side to side back and forth to create this chevrony, zebraish design. 

Then this picture is facin you so how your design should be lookin at you. You will draw straight up to the top of the cup (away from you) in the middle and on both sides. You'll see it looks like Christmas Trees now. You then have 3 different tree areas to choose from. 

Then dip your finger in not too fast not too slow right into the design area you picked and leave it in the water while you clean up the surface of the water completely.

Then take your nail out slowly and remove the tape around your finger.

Then I take my little brush and acetone and clean up everythin real quick before movin onto the next step. 

Then I used my dotting tool and some acrylic paints to create dots representin lights on our trees.

This is with all the dots finished.

Then we top coat it once it's all DRY! You don't wanna go through all that work just to have it smear! I always use Salon Perfect top coat. It's been my favorite because it dries super quick by the time I'm done paintin it on I can already go wash my hands and move on with my day. 

and here's the video tutorial: Christmas Tree Watermarble

Here's some more photos of my finished manicure. 



I just love the way this turned out! I was dreadin marblin but it was perfect the water and polishes worked together seamlessly and I actually had a lot of fun doin these. 

I hope y'all enjoyed this! 
If you get inspired by me use my tag #MagsyInspired on Instagram so I can see!

Get your marble on!

Find Me Here Too:

~Maags





No comments:

Post a Comment