Sunday, December 21, 2014

12DOCC: Christmas Sweater

Hey y'all!
Today I have another prompt for 12 Days Of Christmas! Gettin a little repetitive I know, but I'm just crankin em out! Gonna be done right on time for Christmas!
Today's prompt I chose "Christmas Sweater"
I know this design isn't quite Christmas but it's a cozy sweater and still reminds me of cozy wintry December nights. 
Also this design is Inspired by @Christabellnails! She did this design as an accent nail on her recent Christmas Sweater tutorial and I loved it so much I had to do a whole mani with it! 
Checkout her Youtube Channel!


Here's How:
Start with a dark grey base. I used Sinful Colors "My Turn" matte.

The rest of the design is with black and white acrylic paints.

I mixed the black and white to make a slightly lighter grey than the base color.

With a striper brush and the mixed grey create a "v" at the cuticle end of your nail. Don't fully connect the "v" points though. 

Continue this pattern down the whole rest of the nail.

Then continue the pattern on the whole nail. Goin the opposite direction to the row next to it. If it points down then the one next to it should point up. 

Next take the striper brush and the plain white and just lightly add white streaks to all the grey stripes. This really adds the dimension and gives it that knitted look.

This is the full design finished in matte. I really loved it this way, but knew I was goin to be wearin this for a few days and knew it wouldn't last without topcoat.

So I use Salon Perfect top coat to seal it all in.



I love this design so much! Christabellnails had a great idea! I wanna try it again in more colors!
Here's my video:

That's it for this one y'all! I hope you enjoyed it! Be sure to Checkout 
Christabellnails Instagram

Only a few days left til Christmas! 

Find Me Here Too:

~Maags



No comments:

Post a Comment