Sunday, March 1, 2015

Vintage St. Patrick's Day Stamp

Hey Y'all!
It's March 1st! I can't believe how fast this year is already goin! 
It's time to show that Irish pride and get those nails painted green! 
Today I was inspired by a dress I saw on pinterest that was green with navy blue vintage design on top. Mine was supposed to turn out that way but my navy blues are more jellyish and therefore ended up lookin dark green instead. I still like the outcome as green is the whole point anyways!

Here's How:
I started with a green base, Sephora Formula X "Radioactive."

This is the design I'm usin on the Born Pretty Store Plate BP-L007

Also used my Creative Shop Stamper

I start by puttin a navy blue polish (Ulta "Moody Blues") at the top of the design.

Then scrape the polish towards me with my scraper. I find it much easier to when I scrape it towards me.

Pick up the image with your stamper.



Then this design is a little short for my nails since they are gettin longer, so I decided to stamp at a diagonal so the whole nail would fit the design. Just line it up and press your nail into the stamper.

And there's the design on the nail.

Use a piece of tape to clean the excess polish off your stamper. Do not use acetone.

Next I use a small brush with acetone to clean up the excess polish on the skin.

Use your favorite top coat to seal it all in. I use Salon Perfect.

And that's it!
Here's the video:



Hope y'all enjoyed this one! I know it was pretty quick and simple but it's just the start of my green designs! I can't wait to share them all over the next two weeks! 

Go Green!

Find Me Here Too:

~Maags


No comments:

Post a Comment