Friday, February 27, 2015

Drop Watercolor

Hey Y'all!
Today I have a fun colorful watercolor design!
I dunno about all y'all, but I have been in desperate want of color on my nails lately. With the weather and the time of year it is, I feel like it's not quite time for spring, and have been wantin to save my color pop designs, but all the winter mani's are killin me so I thought I'd bring out a fun one today!
I've done a watercolor mani sever times before but the little twist I put on this one made it lots more fun and quicker! I used an eye dropper to pour the polish down the nail! It was far better than my last one where I placed drops on my nail and shook my hand to get them to pour across the nail. This mani without filmin took litterally 10 minutes maybe, which is always great with any manicure let alone a super cool one that looks like it took hours! 


Here's How:
I started with a white base of Salon Perfect "Sugar Cube." It doesn't have to be perfect as I cover it all up in the design.

Then add a coat of top coat to protect the white as this design does include acetone. 

The first color I used is Sephora Formula X "Omni" blue.

You'll need some foil, which I crunched into little bowls, and drop 2 to 3 drops of polish into it.

Then with an eye dropper pour some acetone into the bowl

and mix it up with a q tip to make the polish liquidy.

Suck up the polish liquid with the eye dropper

and with your nail pointed at a downward angle pour drops of the polish onto the nail so it runs down.

Next I used Sephora Formula X "Indelible" light purple.

Same process. Add a few drops of polish to the foil bowl and pour some acetone in with the eye dropper.

Mix with the q tip

Suck up the polish in the dropper

And pour down the nail.

The third color is Sephora Formula X "Eureka" hot pink.

A few drops of polish and some acetone into the foil bowl.

Mix

Suck up into eye dropper

Pour down the nail.

The last color is Sephora Formula X "Unmistakable" mint green.

Add a few drops of polish and some acetone into the foil bowl

Mix

Suck up into eye dropper

and pour down nail. This color didn't show up too much but it just gave a nice frosty effect.

Use a small brush and acetone to clean up any excess polish.

Use your favorite top coat to seal it all in. I use Salon Perfect. 
This design also dries really quickly because of how thinned out the polish is and the help of the acetone.

Here's a closeup! I love it!

And that's it! 
Here's the video:


I just have to say real quick that I just got a new light bulb for my ottlite and had forgotten that the lightin would be highly improved so I still used my same method for takin pictures which is why my skin looks darker in 2 of the 3 pics. I'm actually glad there is a difference in them because it showed me just how bad my bulb had gotten gol. 

Anyways I just absolutely love this mani! I always love doin watercolor designs. Each one is always different and unique and just plain cool! I also loved usin the eye dropper, I definitely believe it made things so much quicker and easier. 

If ya get inspired by me use my tag #MagsyInspired on instagram so I can see!

Find me here too:

Have a great Friday!

~Maags



No comments:

Post a Comment