Thursday, February 26, 2015

Salon Perfect Brow Stencil Kit

Hey Y'all!
Today I have a teency bit of makeup for ya! I hope y'all don't mind that I add makeup every now and then. I am definitely not tryin to say in any way that I'm a pro, just that I really love it and have been gettin into it more recently! 
So today I have the Salon Perfect Brow Stencil Kit. It's a 2 color powder with an angled brush and a few stencils to help fill in your brows with ease. 


For me I will say I did not use the stencils as my brows are super full and already shaped, but I did use the powder and really liked it on it's own. I use the lighter one for the front of the brow and the darker one for the ends and they blend perfectly with a spoolie and last all day. 
I did want to use the stencils though for the review so I used one on my mom. She has super thin light eyebrows and has been wantin me to try some brow products on her so I thought this would be not only fun but a great example for what this product can do. 

This is her brow with nothin on it. 

I decided to use the petite arch shape on her. 

Sorry it's a little blurry but basically I just placed it onto her brow so it filled in most of the stencil. 
Then I couldn't take pictures as I was doin em but I just dipped the brush into the lightest color and just started fillin in the whole stencil. Because it's a stencil there was no need to "shape" the brow. I also used the darker color very lightly on the end of her brow. Took less than a minute and then you just remove the stencil and I blended it all with a spoolie. 

This is the finished brow.

This is a comparison of her brow without and with product. You can see it filled them in pretty nicely compared to what we started with. 
I didn't get a pic of both brows finished but she really liked the outcome and is excited to practice it more herself. 

Here's a pic of my brow. I did use the pomade first and then added this powder so it's not by itself, but it does look great none the less.
This pic is filtered but it's a not so close up shot of my brow. You can see I have really full thick brows and didn't feel I would get much use out of the stencils.

Overall I have to say I like this product. Although I won't use the stencils, I can see beginners like my mom and others with light thinned eyebrows might enjoy it. It does work great. It's quick to apply and does last all day, I did test it alone even though I don't have a pic with it, was a bad photo day lets just say gol. I couldn't for the life of me take a good picture that day so we have these instead. I really love the brush that comes with this too! It's a great size especially with the stencil but also without. The angle of it really helps to apply even while shapin your brows on your own. 
Although Salon Perfect did send me these, I'm not bein paid to say good things about this product. I genuinely like them, however I definitely prefer the the pomade ones which I also have a review of posted here on the blog!
These products are exclusively available at Walmart and this kit retails for $4.38.
So that's it today y'all! I hope you found this helpful! 
I truly love Salon Perfect for makeup stuff and nail polish and highly recommend them!

Find Me Here Too:

~Maags






No comments:

Post a Comment