Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Geode Blobbicure

Hey Y'all!
Today I have a geode blobbicure for ya!
I saw one of these in a shop last week when I was searchin for my oils to make my own perfume, and I got super inspired to do a nail design for it! I've seen them before but just seein it again and the combination of lack of inspiration just made me consider the design. 

Here's How:
Start with a light purple base color. I used Sinful Colors "Mauve."

Next add a second thicker coat and while it's still wet...

add blobs of your next color. I used Wet N Wild "Who Is Ultra Violet?"

Immediately after that color add your third color on top of it. I used Zoya "Payton."

And lastly a few more drops of the ultra violet on top. 
They all blob together because the polish is wet. I just love this design as you get a different outcome with each nail and color.

When that's dry add 1 coat of China Glaze "Fairy Dust" to add more sparkle for the geode.

Then with a striper brush and some grey polish I outlined the nail to give the outer ring of the rock that you would see on a geode. I used Sinful Colors "My Turn."

To finish it off I used Salon Perfect "Sugar Cube" to add some white dots around the grey for more dimension. 

Use your favorite top coat to seal it all in. I use Salon Perfect. 

And that's it! 
Here's the video:




I hope y'all enjoyed this! I love the way this turned out! In the video and in person it's just so stunnin! I always say I'm not a purple person but sometimes the right design can just wow me! 

If you get inspired by me use the tag #MagsyInspired on instagram so I can see!

Find Me Here Too:

~Maags 




No comments:

Post a Comment