Friday, February 6, 2015

Anti-VDay Conversation Hearts

Hey Y'all!
Here's another Anti-Valentines Day design. 
I was originally inspired by a post on pinterest about mean conversation hearts. I loved em and instantly had a design in my head, buuuut I don't think I executed it exactly how I imagined, but I still mostly like them. 

It's a mix of stampin and freehand. 
Here's how:
Start with a white base. I used Salon Perfect "Sugar Cube."

I used Bundle Monster stampin plate 317 with a heart design.
Have I said how stamp obsessed I've been?!

Then with Salon Perfect nail art liner "Green Stem,' I covered the plate. I could've used regular polish, but I was usin these for the end of the design anyways and I wanted em to match and wasn't sure how they'd do on the plate so that's why I covered the image instead of just the top. 

Then usin my creative shop scraper I scraped the polish off towards me. I find that easier, but you do whatever works best for you. 

Then pick up the image with your stamper. I use creative shop! 

and there's the image on the stamper.

Roll or push the image onto the nail. 

Clean your stamper with a piece of tape. Don't use acetone!

With a striper brush I filled in all the hearts with a correspondin color. I used Sally Hansen "Mint Sorbet," as my green. 

Continue to fill in all the hearts. 

With white and the same striper brush I went in and drew a larger heart in different places on the nail. 

Then outline the heart with the color you stamped in. 

and fill in your heart the same fill color.

Then with the stamp color go in and put a word like "Meh" or "Nah" or "Gag" or in the case of my green nail I did a flat line kind of design. 

Use your favorite top coat to seal it all in. I use Salon Perfect.

and that's it! There you have your Anti-VDay conversation hearts!
Here's the video:http://youtu.be/mZcs3RBopyY



I hope all you Anti's out there enjoyed this design! I know I definitely did. I'm not into Valentines Day in the first place, but even more so this year as I'm dealin with a bit of heartbreak. Doesn't mean I can't have a cute mani with an Anti Twist! 

If you get inpsired by me use my tag #MagsyInspired on instagram so I can see!

Happy Anti-VDay y'all!

Find Me Here Too:

~Maags


No comments:

Post a Comment