Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Filigree Stamp Tape Mani

Hey Y'all! 
Today I have a recycled mani for ya!
I decided I loved my blue/nude filigree stamp so much more than I thought, so I wanted to keep it on and add to it! I love recyclin mani's, it's fun to add a little somethin extra and see how it changes. 
I just love how this turned out! I haven't done a tape mani in eons! And I used the very last of my tape for this one, so I'll be needin some more soon! Also I haven't used blue in what feels like a long while, and it's makin me realize maybe I really do love it more than I think I do. I have quite a few blue polishes that I didn't quite understand why because I thought I didn't like them, BUT I have decided I actually do. Gol! 

Let's get into how to:
Start with your base color or design. Make sure it's completely dry. I did mine the day before so I knew it was for sure dry. 

Next you'll need to cut pieces of stripin tape and place them on your nail in the design you want. I did each nail different, but this one is a split design on the tip of the nail.

Then paint one side one color. I used Sephora Formula X "Omni" for my first color. 

and the other side another color. I used Nyx Girl "103" dark blue.

Then immediately while it's still wet remove the tape from your nail to reveal the design.

Next use a cleanup brush and some acetone to cleanup any excess paint on the skin.

Use your favorite top coat to seal it all in. I use Salon Perfect. 

And there ya go!
Here's the video:



I am really enjoyin these today. I think I might need to do more blue designs soon! Although we are goin into a green month! gol!

Here I am bloggin this from Kuppa Joy today! Actin like a real big time blogger buahaha! 

See y'all next time!

Find Me Here Too:

~Maags




No comments:

Post a Comment