Monday, February 9, 2015

Valentine Skittlette

Hey Y'all! 
Today I have a Valentine skittlette mani for you. It's dark with a hint of lovey dovey, which surprised me since I wasn't goin to do this gol. 
I really like the way this turned out. I haven't done a skittlette in a long time. 
My middle nail is inspired by @Lacqueredmama She did a whole mani and it was amazin!
Mine didn't turn out as great as hers but I still love it. 

Here's how I got this look:
I started this mani with my middle finger in Sinful Colors "Whipped" matte black and my ring finger is Island Girl "Tropical Breeze." 

Then I took Salon Perfect "Sugar Cube" and wiped the brush almost completely off. 

And did the dry brush mani on the middle nail. Also painted my ring finger with Essence "Edward's Love." black from the Twilight collection, and my thumb and pinky in Salon Perfect "He's with Me." red. 

Then usin Sinful Colors "My Turn" matte grey

I did some more dry brush over the white. 


Next I used Bundle Monster plate 317 hearts.

I used the same white for the stamp

scrape the polish towards me with my creative shop scraper

and pick up the image with my stamper 

Then roll the stamp onto the nail over the dry brush.

and that's what it looks like. Chalkboardy hearts!

Then I used Sinful Colors "Love Sprinkles" glitter and pour some on a paper so I can get some heart glitters out. 

Then with a dottin tool I place the hearts in a line down the middle of the pink nail.

Next take the remainin glitter on the paper with the polish brush and apply it all over the nail.

Lastly I top coated all the nails except the middle.

Then I used a matte top coat from Salon Perfect on the middle nails.

and there ya go! 
Here's the video:



This one was a little hard to photograph with the dark and light colors mixed, but in person it looks great! I really love the chalkboard hearts! Jen's idea was fabulous! Be sure to checkout her page in the link I posted at the beginnin of this post! She's a great woman!

Hope y'all enjoyed this post, a little break from the complete darkness gol. 

Find Me Here Too:

~Maags 



No comments:

Post a Comment