Sunday, March 8, 2015

St. Patrick's Day Double Stamp

Hey Y'all!
More green and more stamps today!
I literally was halfway through an entirely different mani when I realized it looked awful and I hated it so this is the aftermath mani. It was late and I was very tired and I always feel blah after spendin time on a mani I hate sooooo, this is the quick solution I came up with! I actually like it, not love but like gol. Plus I have never done double stampin yet so I wanted to give that a go too. 


I really like the way the double stamp looks. It's kinda 3D in some angles and also adds a little depth. 

Here's How:
I started with a dark green shimmer polish, Sinful Colors "Pine Away."

I used Born Pretty Plate BP-L007 with the first rectangle image on the bottom, the diamond shaped design.

Also usin my Creative Shop Stamper.

I did the first stamp with a mint green polish, Salon Perfect "Mint Julep." I Place it onto the image

and scrape it towards me with my scraper. 

Then pick up the image with your stamper.


And for this one I used it on an angle, so I lined my nail up with the corner and pushed my nail into the stamper. 

There's the design on the nail.

Clean your stamper with a piece of tape not acetone.

Then I cleaned the plate and used a gold polish on the same image. The gold is Confetti "Debutante."

Scraped the polish towards me

and picked up the image with my stamper.

Then I stamped from the opposite corner as the green one so they weren't perfectly on top of each other.

Clean up with a small brush and acetone.

Use your favorite top coat to seal it all in. I use Salon Perfect.

And that's it! 
Here's the video:



I hope y'all enjoyed this one! I really like the outcome. It reminds me of a Celtic Knot design and I really like the double stamp effect. I originally had the mint as the base color for the previous mani but I'm glad I made the switch to the dark, it's more effective. 
Anyways about 1 more week of green manis! 
Hope ya don't get sick of them but I'm kinda havin fun with it!

Find Me Here Too:

~Maags

No comments:

Post a Comment