Tuesday, March 10, 2015

St.Patrick's Day Skittlette

Hey Y'all!
Today I have a semi recycled skittlette mani for ya! 
I kept one of my Quilted Nails and added some simple designs around it. 

I first learned the quarterfoil from Christabellnails so check her out!

Heres How:
I started with a base of Zoya "Charlott"

Then with a dottin tool and Pure Ice "Femme Fatale," I painted 2 dots down the nail.

Then you put 2 more dots, one on either side of the first two dots to make a little cross. Continue this down the whole nail.

This is what you'll end up with.

Then repeat the process on both sides. They won't fit perfectly but it's just there to help continue the pattern.

With a striper brush and the same color go in and make little lines coming off each of the corner of the crosses. 

It'll look like this.

The last step is to go back in with the dottin tool and the first base color and fill in the green crosses. Not fully, just so the green looks like an outline.

This is the finished design.

Then I used Sinful Colors "Shamrockin" glitter on my pinky and pointer nails.

You do have to kinda fish around for the white flowers in the glitter but it's ok. Although I'm not sure why they're flowers and not shamrocks but it's still cute. 

Use your favorite top coat to seal in the middle nail. I use Salon Perfect.

And that's it!
Here's the video:



Not gonna lie this was not my favorite design at all, but I hope some of you enjoyed it! 
Onto the next one!

Find me here too:

~Maags


No comments:

Post a Comment