Tuesday, March 3, 2015

St. Patrick's Day Plaid

Hey Y'all!
Here's a fun St. Patrick's Day Plaid design!
It definitely didn't come out perfect but I really like it anyways! 

I was inspired by a cookie I saw on Pinterest

Here's how:
I started with a light green base of a color I mixed myself, but you can use whatever light green you have. 

With a striper brush and a dark green polish I drew a vertical line down the side of the nail, not in the middle. 

Then I drew 2 horizontal lines, one at the top and bottom of the nail.
I used Elf "Thunderstorm."

Next I took a lighter green polish and drew another vertical line next to the dark green line. I used Pure Ice "Wild Thing."

Then again draw 2 horizontal lines, one under each of the dark green lines.

Next I took white and drew another vertical line next to the light green line. 
I used Salon Perfect "Sugar Cube."

And again 2 horizontal lines under each light green line.

Use a small brush and acetone to clean up around the skin.

Use your favorite top coat to seal it all in. I use Salon Perfect.

And that's it! 
Here's the video:




These are definitely not perfect up close but from a far and in the pics they look pretty good! Gol! 
I really do like the way these turned out and posin with my little green bottle! 

If ya get inspired by me use the tag #MagsyInspired on instagram so I can see!

Find Me Here Too:

~Maags



No comments:

Post a Comment