Saturday, March 7, 2015

Nail Aid No-Rub Gel Review

Hey Y'all! 
Today I have a first impression review of a new product by Nail Aid. It's a no-rub power acetone gel, that's supposed to remove glitter polish without needin foil and cotton balls. 

It's in this pink tub packaging and it retails for $3.88 at Walmart. 
These are the directions. You dip your nail into the gel then let it sit for 4 minutes and then with a paper towel wipe the glitter off. Then wash your hands.
This is what it looks like. A bright pink gel and it stinks to high heaven! It's acetone obviously but it is sooo much stronger than a regular liquid acetone. Definitely do this in a well ventilated area. 
Here is the glitter on my nail that I've been wearin for 2 days. I did not just put glitter on for the test. I wanted to test this on a real glitter mani. 
So you dip your nail into the tub and completely cover the nail. 
That's how it looks.
Then you just wait for 4 minutes. 
When the 4 minutes is up you take a piece of paper towel and wipe the glitter off your nail. 
And that's how it turned out. The middle of the nail is mostly cleaned off but the tip and cuticle are still covered in glitter. And no rubbin would take it off.
This is how the thumb came out. I was not impressed.
So I applied it again and let it sit again for 4 minutes. 
It definitely came off better than the first try but still didn't remove it all. And it leaves a sticky residue behind.
So overall I do not recommend this stuff. I mean it's only $4 so if ya wanna try it it wouldn't be a total loss but I just didn't think it worked well enough to risk it. It has a strong smell, it's sticky, gloopy and if left on longer than 4 minutes it began to turn to a dried gel, almost like a peel off latex. It worked great in some spots but not in others and havin to do it twice was a pain. It washes off pretty easily with a nail brush and soap and water. It's not a horrible product I just didn't find it helpful enough to be worth it. 

Hope this helped some of you decide if you wanna try it. 

I also have a video review here:

Find me here too:

~Maags













No comments:

Post a Comment