Monday, March 9, 2015

St. Patrick's Day Quilts

Hey Y'all!
I have some quilted nails for ya today! I haven't done quilted nails in 2 year I believe! I first learned how to do them from (@dulllikeglitter) when she did a black design. My first and only attempt was in pink. I don't know why but this week quilted nails just popped into my head and I realized I never tried them again so I decided to do them in green! 

Here's How:
Start with 2 coats of Pure Ice "Femme Fatale."

Add a 3rd coat workin 1 nail at a time.

Immediately add a matte top coat and let dry for 5 minutes. I used Salon Perfect Matte Fx top coat.

You'll also need a floss pick. I got a big bag at Walmart.

After the 5 minutes is up you're goin to make an indentation into the nail on a diagonal startin by the cuticle. 

Like this.

Then continue down the nail makin 4 or 5 lines.

Then turn your hand and do the same thing startin from the opposite corner and makin lines that cross the first ones you made.

You can see your quilted squares come to life.

You can go back in if you want and fix up any lines you feel need more indentation.

And this is what you end up with! 

That's it!
Here's the video:




Hope y'all enjoyed this one! 
I had fun creatin these even though they are a bit time consumin because of the dry time for each nail.
If ya get inspired by me use my tag #MagsyInspired on instagram so I can see!

Find me here too:

~Maags



No comments:

Post a Comment