Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Mani Swamp with Lacquerdmama

Hey Y'all!
Today I have a mani swamp with Jen (@Lacqueredmama)! 
I have loved gettin to know her recently and lovin all her designs, I just had to ask her to swamp with me! I went stalkin her page for my favorite design and I found her refreshin floral mani! Now that it's spring I thought it was perfect! 
Here's Jen's 

and here's my recreation.

Here's how I recreated it:
I started with a nude base color, Zoya "Charlott."

Then I used acrylic paints for the rest of the design. I started with yellow and a striper brush and paint half a yellow flower on the side of the nail. Just quick stripes across the nail to make "petals."

Next is the orange flower. this flower is more precise with it's petals. I just draw a teardrop kind of shape until I'm happy with the look.

Then the red flower comes down from the top of the nail. This one is a little more precise as well.

Next I mixed the yellow and orange paints to get a lighter orange.

Also the light brown with the yellow to make a darker yellow.

I took the lighter orange and randomly and quickly stripped it into the orange flower to add dimension.

Then I added the dark yellow to the middle of the yellow flower.

On the red flower I added orange and 

yellow in the center of the flower.

Add a little more red to blend it.

Then I used a dark brown polish, Pure Ice "Scandal," to make the center of all the flowers.

and added the light brown in the center of that.

Next I added a few green leaves 

and dots in the empty spaces of the nail.

The last step is to add 3 green dots on the pinky and pointer. 

I use my small brush and acetone to cleanup any excess paint on the skin.

Use your favorite top coat to seal it all in. I use Salon Perfect.

And that's it! 
Here's the video:




I hope y'all enjoyed this one! I dunno if I've ever done a tutorial for flowers! It was fun to do a bit of paintin! And I love this design by Jen! She's really awesome and a gorgeous, sweet woman! Y'all need to go check her out and see what design of mine she picked for the swap! 

Happy Spring!

Find Me Here Too:

~Maags

No comments:

Post a Comment