Sunday, January 4, 2015

Hot Pink Snowflakes

Hey y'all!
Happy New Year!
Time to get away from the red and greens and head into January!

For the past few days I've had my mind on Hot Pink! I don't know why, I'm not really a pink girl but I think I've had enough of holiday colors and needed to branch out! However I still wanted to keep it January winterish, so I thought snowflakes would do the trick. Mix hot pink and snowflakes and you get this!
 
(Sidenote: I think this might be my new signature pose for 2015. I like my regular pose but lately I've been likin this more.)

I absolutely LOVE these soooooo much! I am also super duper proud of these because this is my first pretty successful full stamped mani! I did all ten nails, super quickly and had a ton of fun! It's sometimes difficult to find the right polish combo to use but when you do it's magical! I was originally gonna do a light pink base but the white just popped next to the pink and I couldn't resist!

Here's how I did it:

Start with a white base. I used Salon Perfect "Sugar Cube" 2 coats. Let it dry completely.

Then I used Bundle Monster stampin plate 323 with snowflakes. I got this in a set a couple years ago.

Of course you'll need a hot pink polish. Mine is an unnamed. 

and last a stamper and scraper. My stamper is a squishy one from Winstonia and the scraper is konad.

When your base is dry, place the pink polish on your plate over the design you want.

Quickly use your scraper to scrape away the excess polish. I like to scrape towards me it seems to work much easier for me.

Then pick up the image with your stamper. 

And quickly roll the image onto your nail. You don't have to roll it but I find it's easier just to roll it.

Here's the design. Just use a small brush and acetone to cleanup any polish on the skin.

Use your favorite top coat, I use Salon Perfect. 

And there ya go! Hot Pink Snowflakes! 
Here's the Video:




I just absolutely can't get enough of these and I'm super proud of them as I am not a super talented stamper. 
If y'all get inspired by me use my tag #MagsyInspired on Instagram so I can see!

2015 here we come!

Find Me Here Too:

~Maags 



No comments:

Post a Comment