Thursday, January 15, 2015

Classy Chevron

Hey Y'all!
Today I have a classy chevron look. 
I've wanted to do somethin like this for awhile now and I'm pretty sure I never have before, so I'm just a bundle of tryin new things lately!

Here's How:
Start with a dusty blue base. I mixed on and used an old top coat brush to apply it. 

I mixed Sinful Colors "My Turn"

with Ulta "Moody Blues" to create the blue.

Then usin Zoya "Godiva" 

and a striper brush create a chevron or upside down triange at the base of your nail.

Then top coat it all to smooth it out.

Once it's all completely dry take a piece of tape and pat it on your finger to remove some of the sticky. 

Then use the corner of the tape to cover your nail, leavin a mini chevron at the tip.

Then usin Pure Ice "Shore Bet" cover the whole tip.

Immediately remove the tape while it's still wet.

Then cleanup the skin and you can also cleanup the lines really softly since you applied a top coat on the blue it will allow you to cleanup the nude without too much damage.

Then use your favorite top coat to seal it all in. I use Salon Perfect.

And that's it! 
Here's the video:



Hope y'all enjoyed this one. I like these and I don't like them. From a distance they look great but up close I can see all the imperfections and just didn't turn out exactly how I wanted. I might try this design again with other colors. 

If you get inspired by me use my tag #MagsyInspired on instagram so I can see! 

Find Me Here Too:

~Maags 



No comments:

Post a Comment