Thursday, January 8, 2015

Can You Turn My Black Roses Red?

Hey Y'all!
Today's design is inspired by the song "Black Roses Red" by Alana Grace. 
Ever since I first saw 'Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants' I have loved this song. It goes perfectly with my feelins lately. My new year hasn't been off to a great start, but I know things will be great by the time next year rolls around and I take a look back. 
Anyways I love this song and I saw my rose stampin plate and thought of it immediately. 
I was going to change my base to all white but then decided to just reuse my ombre base, which I'm really glad I did. I feel the white would've been too bright for what I was goin for. 

Here's how:
I used stampin plate 323 from Bundle Monster, with roses.

Also my squishy stamper from winstonia (which is on it's last leg, it was never perfect.) and my konad scraper. 

Place some black polish along the top of the image. I used Salon Perfect "Oil Slick."

Then quickly scrape the excess polish off. I like to scrape towards me it's easier for me.

Then pick up the image with your stamper

and roll it onto your nail. You don't have to roll it you can just squish it onto the nail but i find rollin easier as well. 

There's the final stamped mani.

Then in my palette (you can use foil) I watered down some red polish Pure Ice "New Years Resolution." You'll also need a stripin brush or small nail art brush.

With the striper brush I lightly filled in most of the roses with the red. 

Use your favorite top coat, I use Salon Perfect.

And there ya go. You have all black roses with just a hint of red, symbolizin possibility. 
Here's the video:



I'm very pleased with how this turned out, and it almost didn't. My stamps and polish weren't workin that well together and I was gettin frustrated but finally I got it to work. I definitely do not recommend my stamper. I have had it about a year but it never really worked that great for me and now it's fallin apart. There's little cracks all across it makin it hard for the image to transfer flawlessly. I'm lookin into a new stamper though and when I receive it I'll definitely review it for y'all!
That bein said I still love this design and it's helpin me get through the daily blues. If you get inspired by me use my tag #MagsyInspired on instagram so I can see! 

Find Me Here Too:

~Maags 



No comments:

Post a Comment