Sunday, January 11, 2015

Dallas Cowboys Watermarble

Hey Y'all!
Today I have a fun and special post!
I was browsin instagram this mornin and saw my girl Mely (@rockyournails) posted some Dallas Cowboys nails. They were so cute, you should check her out. It took me right back to 3 years ago! It was my first watermarble video tutorial I ever posted. A Dallas Cowboys design in September of 2011! So I decided since I love my Cowboys and Mely's nails, I would recreate my design! 
The really funny part was that I went to watch the old video and realized I had mini stilettos, I'm talkin super nub stilletos because my nails were so bad back then, and I just changed my nails now to stilettos 2 days ago! I needed a big change in my life and I knew I couldn't ruin my hair so I took a file to the nails, they'll grow out way quicker than my hair! So it was so meant to be for me to recreate this design. 
Here's my nails from then:
I had to take this photo from my video as I no longer have the original pics! I went on a delete rampage recently ugh! These pics and video were taken with my 4th gen Ipod. I'm really surprised it's as good of quality as it is. I always had to take my pics outside as the Ipod wouldn't focus at all anywhere else. 

And here's now:
I really love the way I did this one. It's definitely not the same polishes or the same exact design but they're close and I love the end result. 

Here's how I did it:
Start with room temperature water in a cup. I just get warm tap water and let it sit while I get everythin else ready. Then I painted my nails with a white base and tape around your finger to make cleanup easier. 

The colors I used are: Salon Perfect "Sugar Cube"

Sinful Colors "Endless Blue"

and Color Club "Harp On It"

Then build your bullseye in the water, 1 drop at a time, til the center blue I put 2 drops. 

Then with a needle or anythin like a needle, draw up to the top and down to the bottom.

Then make a zebra criss cross pattern all the way down the cup.

Til it looks like this.

Then dip your finger into the part of the design you like.

Leave your finger in the water til you cleanup the whole surface with a qtip then slowly pull your nail out.

Remove the tape.

Cleanup around the cuticles.

Use your favorite top coat. I use Salon Perfect as usual.

and there ya have it! 
Here's the video:
And the original video:



Here's a side by side comparison of then and now. 
I like both of them, but my now isn't the same because I didn't relook at my design before doin the new ones. I thought I had it in my memory tucked away but I was wrong gol! I still like the way they turned out and they're both still the same concept of water marble and Dallas Cowboys. 
This was special for me to do because lookin back at this old video just shows me where I started from and how proud of where I am today! It used to be such a chore to do videos and now with what I've learned it has become a real joy to me! I love all my new videos now! Also the fact that my nails just happened to be almost the same shape was also crazy to me gol! 

My Cowboys lost today but they did good and it just gives hope for next year!
If ya get inspired by me use my tag #MagsyInspired on instagram so I can see!

Yeehaw!

Find Me Here Too:

~Maags




No comments:

Post a Comment