Friday, June 12, 2015

Red & Black Watermarble

Hey Y'all!
I have a really fun, different watermarble for you today. 
I know when you look at it, it seems like a regular been done before marble, but it's different and fun for me because of the colors I used.
This was originally gonna be a red, black and silver marble but my silver did not want to cooperate in the water. So I had already had the silver painted on my nails as my base so I decided to use just the red and black. So I dunked my nails into the marble and when I pulled them out, I was in love. The red had sheered out just enough in the water that when it went onto the silver it turned a metallic red! I absolutely loved it and thought it was so fun that the colors had transformed each other! 


So Let's get into the tutorial:

I started with a silver base of Sephora Formula X "Need For Speed" and have my fingers taped for easier cleanup.

I start buildin my bullseye. I used Sephora Formula X "Dark Matter," black and Sephora Formula X "Flashy," red. 

This is my finished bullseye.

Then with a needle I draw from the center of the bullseye out to the edge of the cup on both sides (or top and bottom, however the cup is facin you)

Then I drag across the cup in a criss cross pattern to create the chevron like design.

It'll look somethin like this.

Then I line my nails up in the cup and dunk them into the design. I did two nails at a time for this one. 

With a qtip cleanup the whole surface of the water before pullin your nails out.

Slowly pull your nails out of the water and checkout your design.

Next remove your tape and cleanup any little bits of polish that may have gotten on the skin.

Finish up with your favorite top coat. I use Salon Perfect.

And that's it!
Here's the video:




I really love the way these turned out because of that mix with the red and silver. 
I hope y'all enjoyed these! 
I am wearin these right now to go see Rodman from Last Comic Standin! I'm so stoked he was my absolute favorite! He's so funny! If you don't know him go look him up he's fantastic! 
If you get inspired by me use the tag #MagsyInspired on instagram so I can see!

Find Me Here Too:

~Maags

No comments:

Post a Comment