Saturday, June 27, 2015

Patriotic Holographic Star Gradient

Hey Y'all!
I've got another patriotic design! This is a recreation of a design I did a year ago I believe, with different colors and I really wanted to try a patriotic version. 
I started with a holographic base of Color Club "Harp On It."

I used these star stickers I got from GW supply or walmart. They're just basic stickers.

Tweezers help a lot in trying to pick up and place the stickers.

I placed them alternating on each nail.

like this.

 Then I filled a makeup sponge with red and blue polish for my gradient. I used Salon Perfect "Indigo-go" and "Salsa Dance."

Then I taped my finger up for easier cleanup.

Then I sponged the gradient onto my nail. Just pat the sponge onto the nail up and down and all around til you get it blended and opaque enough.

It'll look like this.

 Then it's time to remove the stickers. Immediately after finishin your gradient, so the polish won't dry over the stickers. Use the tweezers to carefully pull up the stickers.

And you get this! 

Last remove the tape and 

Clean up any excess polish on the skin. 

Use your favorite top coat to seal it all in. I use Salon Perfect.

And that's it!
Video:

I accidentally deleted the rest of the pictures of this mani :(

I really loved these so much! 
If ya get inspired by me use the tag #MagsyInspired on instagram so I can see!

Find Me Here Too:

~Maags  

No comments:

Post a Comment