Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Abstract Watermelon

Hey Y'all!
I've got an abstract watermelon design today! 
I wasn't plannin to do this type of design til summer rolled around, but I have lost all inspiration lately and this popped into my head. I wanted to do stampin over a different color I was already wearin, but I couldn't find the right design to go over it. So I switched my whole idea and came up with this! 
I wasn't sure about it at first, but I ended up really likin the look of it!


Here's How:
I started with a pink base of Color Club "Electro Candy."

For the stamp I'm usin Born Pretty Store Stamp BP-21

I start by puttin black polish onto the image. I used Salon Perfect "Oil Slick."

Then I scrape the polish off towards me with my creative shop scraper.

And pick up the image in a rollin motion with my creative shop stamper.


I line my nail up with the image and press into the stamper.

There's the image on the nail.

I cleanup the excess stamp on the skin with a small brush and acetone.

Then I create a green french tip usin China Glaze "Keepin It Teal." I start on one side of the nail and draggin it down the tip.

Then go from the other side and meet them in the middle. 

I let that dry and do a second coat for full opacity.

To finish things off I used a white striper brush from Salon Perfect "White Out."


Use your favorite top coat to seal it all in. I used Salon Perfect.

And that's it! 
Here's the video:




Hope y'all enjoyed this random watermelon design! 
If ya get inspired by me use the tag #MagsyInspired on instagram so I can see! 

Find Me Here Too:

~Maags



No comments:

Post a Comment