Sunday, May 17, 2015

Summer Floral Side French

Hey Y'all!
Today I have a fun, special post!
DenisseLove and I have teamed up to do some bestie twin nails with some of the polish we got at NailPro! It was so awesome to meet her and now so much fun to do a collab together! 
I fell in love with one of her recent mani's and so we based it off of that and added our own flares to it! We decided to use 2 Orly polishes that we both recieved! 



Here's how I did mine:
I started with a base of Orly "Push The Limit." 

Next I took that same color and painted it onto half of a makeup sponge and the other half, I added Orly "Fireball."

Then sponged it onto my nail to create this gradient. 

I use a qtip with acetone to clean up most of the polish on the skin. If you want to tape your fingers or use liquid latex go for it.

Then I use my small brush with acetone to make sure the cuticle area is cleaned up.

With a dottin tool and blue acrylic paint (Apple Barrel "Bright Blue") I made 3 circle-ish shapes for the base of the flowers, leavin room between each one. 

With a lighter blue (Salon Perfect "Cold as Ice") I filled in the spaces between the darker blue flowers. 

Then with a striper brush and a light green polish I painted small lines to represent leaves, wherever you would like.

The final step is to go in with a striper brush and black (Salon Perfect Liner "Black Ink") and outline the flowers and leaves fully. Then add little squiggly parenthesis like shapes inside the flower to give it petal definition. 

It'll look like this when you're done.

Use your favorite top coat to seal it all in. I use Salon Perfect.

And that's it! 
Here's the video: 




I hope y'all enjoyed this one! I absolutely love this design! It's so bright and colorful and I can't stop starin at it! So gorgeous! I'm so happy Denisse wanted to do this with me! Be sure to check out her instagram by clickin on her name at the top of this post. 
If ya get inspired by our design use the tag #MagsyInspired so we can see! 

Find Me Here Too:

~Maags 


No comments:

Post a Comment