Monday, May 18, 2015

Recycle Mani Monday: Grunge

Hey Y'all!
I have a fun new series I'm startin today, called "Recycle Mani Monday!"
Basically every Monday I'm goin to recycle my weekend manicure instead of startin over with a whole new design. So by recycle I mean I'm just goin to add onto my previous mani to create a new one. I thought it would be really fun to make it a new series for my youtube and instagram! 
So speakin of that, I'm makin it a hash tag as well! 
If you'd like to join in here's all you have to do:
Post your recycled mani to instagram every Monday
And hashtag it #RecycleManiMonday
Then every Tuesday I will feature some of my favorites from the hashtag! 

Here's my recycle for this week!


I went with a grunge graffiti look.


Here's How:
I started with my previous mani from Sunday. 

Then I took black acrylic paint and dabbed it onto a scrunched up piece of saran wrap. I dabbed some of the paint onto a paper towel to remove excess amounts.

Next just sponge it onto your nail.

This is how mine looked after the black. 

Then I recycled my saran wrap by turnin it inside out, so the black was inside now and I had a clean surface on the outside.

And I repeated the spongin with a blue acrylic paint.

I used my small brush and acetone to clean up any excess paint on the skin.

Use your favorite top coat to seal it all in. I use Salon Perfect.

And that's it! You have a brand new recycled mani in a matter of minutes!
Here's the video:





I hope y'all enjoyed this and that you'll participate for next week's Recycle Mani Monday! 
Don't forget to use the tag (#RecycleManiMonday) and follow me to see if you get featured on Tuesday!

Find Me Here Too:

~Maags

No comments:

Post a Comment