Wednesday, November 12, 2014

To Be Or Not To Be Negative

Hey y'all!
Today the question is To be or not to be Negative?
In this case it's a Positive to be Negative! 
Wait what?!
Exactly!
Negative space manis have become quite popular lately. The point is to leave naked spaces on your nail within your design. 

Today I chose to do a fall color scheme. I'm very into the dark purples and burgundy's this time of year. 

I am usin Salon Perfect "Raisin The Roof" (burgundy) and "A Royal Affair" (purple) and China Glaze "Mingle with Cringle" (gold) and also My new Salon Perfect striper brush and dotting tool.

Basically you just pick a color blocking design and paint outlines and then fill some of the spaces in. Each one of my nails is different so I'm gonna do the tutorial part by each nail instead of as a whole. Also sorry the pictures are so fuzzy, I took shots from my video as I forgot to take pics throughout the tutorial. 

First is the pinky. I used "Raisin The Roof" as my outline on all my nails. Painted two diagonal lines on the pinky to create two triangles at the bottom or tip of the nail. I then filled one triangle with "A Royal Affair" and the other with "Mingle with Cringle". Leaving the rest of the nail blank.

The ring finger I decided to make a little busier. I drew a line down the middle and did triangles on one side and squares on the other. The squares were then filled with gold, leaving the middle space blank. The triangles were filled with purple, leaving blank space between each triangle. 
The middle nail was a little more complicated. I was going for a floral design but couldn't get my outline how I wanted. So I created my partial outline and then filled in the whole rest of the nail with "Raisin The Roof" and then went back in with a small dotting tool and acetone and "cut out" more petal like shapes to create more of a flower look. You can see the finished design in the pics below.

The pointer was fairly simple. Just make two lines down the nail leaving a blank space all the way down the length of the nail slightly off to the side. The smaller side got filled in with gold and the other side with purple. 

So that's the design. You just clean up the cuticles and top coat it and there ya go! 



Here's the video tutorial


That's all Folks! Now go be Negative!

Find Me Here Too:

~Maags


No comments:

Post a Comment