Saturday, November 22, 2014

TNAG: WEATHER

Hey Y'all! 
It's time for The Nail Art Guild Again!

This week was 'weather'

I didn't quite know what to do for this one. I searched online and thought about the weather here but for some reason nothin was comin to mind. I started talkin to my mom about it and she reminded me of this glass wind ornament we have for Christmas. It's a face blowin wind curls. So I thought I would just do a representation of that. It's a pretty clear glass ornament so I knew I couldn't actually recreate it so I decided to just base it off that but go with a blue watercolor look.

Here's how I did it
Start with a base color of Island Girl "Honolulu Orchid" or any lightish blue base. 

Take a little piece of foil and scrunch it into a little cup. Put a few drops of a darker blue polish into it. I used Wet n Wild "Listening To Blue Reed." Then pour a small amount of acetone into the polish and mix it up with a dotting tool or anythin you have to mix with. 

Next with a striper brush dip into the watered down polish and draw random lines across all your nails like blowin wind. 

Do the same with a light blue. I used Pure Ice "Bikini." 

Draw more lines with the light blue into the dark blue.

And lastly do the same with a turquoisy (is that a word? gol) blue. I used Salon Perfect "Robin's Egg."
Add more lines in with all the rest. 

That's it! Simple as that! I also added the face blowin the wind on my pointer finger. 




Hope y'all enjoyed this! If you wanna see more be sure to go follow (TheNailArtGuild) on instagram and follow the #tnagweather!

If you get inspired by me use the #magsyinpsired.

Have a Blustery Day! ;)

Find Me Here Too:

~Maags









No comments:

Post a Comment