Sunday, January 10, 2016

Top 26 OPI Collection

Hey y'all! 
I'm sittin here on my couch watching Long Island Medium! It's one of my favorite shows! I love Theresa, she's so genuine! 
Anyways today I have a fun post about OPI polish! I got this collection "book," from my mom for Christmas and it's supposedly got the top 26 OPI colors in it. So I decided to swatch em all and share what they thought the top colors were, with y'all! This is gonna be a long one so here we go! 

First up is "An Affair In Red Square." This is 2 coats of a beautiful shimmery pearlescent red. The formula was great on this one, perfect smooth coats. 

"Bubble Bath," is a very light, sheer pink. This is 2 coats and I know it's not too flatterin on my stained nails but I feel like it would be a great base for a French manicure. 

"My Private Jet," is one of my absolute favorites! I can't believe I've never had this polish before. It's so gorgeous! It's a dark, charcoal grey, almost black, holographic polish. This is 2 smooth coats, almost could've been good in 1 coat. I really really love this and hope to wear it in a full manicure soon! 

This is "Malaga Wine," a deep wine color haha. This is 2 coats, very smooth and good coverage. 

"I Just Can't Cope-Acabana," is a CRAZY bright yellow! This is 2 coats, I think it might've need a third coat just for good measure or more time to dry between coats. It was a little streaky, but I still loooove the color. 

"Do You Have This Color In Stock-Holm?" This is not exactly color accurate, it's more of a deeper purple. This is lookin a little too blue, but we all know purples hate to be photographed. This is 2 coats, very smooth and great coverage. 

"Princesses Rule" is a beautiful pink, packed with tons of shimmer. This is 2 coats, but it's still a bit sheer so it probably needs another coat or 2. 

"Gargantuan Green Grape," is a pretty pastel green. This is 2 coats, I have a few patchy spots, but I think that was my fault from applyin too fast. I've heard about this color a lot and now I finally have it. 

"Teal The Cows Come Home," is a gorgeous, shimmery, teal blue! I have been wantin this one for awhile because of the name! Haha! Gimme all the country polishes! This was 2 coats of a smooth formula! 

"Strawberry Margarita," is GORGEOUS! It might be a tiny bit lighter than the picture is showin, but it's still a vibrant gorgeous pink cream! This is 2 smooth, perfect coats! I really like this one! 

I LOVE THIS! "My Voice Is A Little Norse," is a stunnin glitter polish. This is 3 coats, so I can imagine how many you'd need to be fully opaque. However this might be best applied with a sponge to help achieve the full opacity with less coats. This is absolutely gorgeous though! Super glittery, and holographic and textured. 

"Black Cherry Chutney," is just that haha. It's a super dark cherry purple. It's on the maroon side, instead of the real purple side. It's a smooth 2 coats. Really pretty for fall. 

"I'm Not Really A Waitress," is another shimmery, pearlescent red. This one is deeper than the first one, even though they do look similar. But us polish addicts know, they may be similar, but they are NOT the same! Haha! This again was a smooth 2 coats, great coverage.

This is another of my favorites. "You Don't Know Jacques!" Is a nice taupey grey. It's more on the brown side than this picture is showin, but it's very close. I like this because it's just a little bit more unique than your average grey. This was 2 coats, great coverage. 

"Koala Bear-y," is a beautiful berry pink. I love this one because I don't think I have a pink like this one. It's a very berry pink, and I don't tend to normally lean towards those, but it's really pretty. 2 smooth coats, great coverage. 

"Hot & Spicy," is a coraly orange. Again I don't have an orange like by is in my collection, so I'm really lovin it. Very smooth 2 coats. This is a great summer color. 

"You're Such A Budapest," is a periwinkle blue. This was just a nice cream polish, 2 coats, nothin bad to say about it. 

"AmazON...AmazOFF," is kind of a tealish, dark green. It's really unique and beautiful. 2 smooth coats with great coverage. It's a little more on the green side than this picture, but I couldnd't get the true color. 

"Chicago Champagine Toast," this color is trippy! In person it looks a lot more brown champagne, but under the light and camera it goes pink like this picture! It would not translate any other color but this no matter what I tried. So if you go to get this color just know it's more champagne colored than this crazy pink! It's definitely pearlescent, but 2 coats was just fine. 

"Russian Navy," is a dark shimmery blue! I'm not always that into blue polishes, but this one is so vibrant and shimmery, it's growin on me. This was 2 coats, great coverage. 

"My Dogsled Is A Hybrid," this is a minty/aqua green. 2 smooth coats. Again this is a little lighter in person than on camera, but pretty close to color accurate. 

"Lincoln Park After Dark," is HOT! I have been wantin this color for awhile, I don't know why I haven't looked into gettin it before now. It's absolutely stunnin even though it's almost black it's such a dark purple. You can see the undertone of this color more if you look at the bottle. This was 2 slick coats, great coverage, gorgeous glassy color. Definitely a perfect fall color, or just whenever you're feelin like a princess of darkness haha. 

"Lucerne-tainly Look Marvelous," is a beautiful pewter sparkle. This was 2 coats, but definitely thicker than the most so the 2 coats were perfect. It's a gorgeous sparkle and photographed beautifully. 

"OPI Red," is more of a pinky red than a red red. Beautiful 2 coats, great coverage, but it's definitely on the pink side. 

"Big Apple Red," is exactly that! It's a gorgeous true red! I did have to do 3 coats on this one, but was still really smooth. I love this kind of red, it's perfect. 

Last is "Tickle My France-y." A rosey, nudey, pink. This is a very nice nude color. 2 coats. The first coat I thought it was gonna be too nude, almost blended with my hands but then the second coat really brings the rosey color to the surface. 

And that's it! We went through all 26 colors! Phew! So that's what OPI thought were it's top colors. What do y'all think? Any other colors you would've replaced some of these with? I think there were quite a bit of red/maroon colors in this. I would've liked to see a few more unique colors. 
But none the less I love them all and am glad to welcome them all into my collection! I am gonna need to find a cute way to display them though as I don't have room to fit them on my nail polish racks, and they're mini bottles so it would be cute to find a little lazy Susan kind of thing to display them all together on. 
I put all these swatches in a video as well if you'd like to hear my thoughts as well: 

I hope y'all enjoyed this! 
Thanks for stoppin by!
See ya next time!
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment