Tuesday, January 5, 2016

Sparkly Side French

Hey y'all! 
I'm sittin here at work, typin this blog on my new iPhone 6s Plus and Bluetooth keyboard! It's so crazy to be able to do blog when I'm not home! It helps me tremendously, time wise, so I don't have to blog at all hours of the night after work! 
Well today is a rainy day here, which is great for the environment, we really need it, however it makes foot traffic for our salon a little slower. That's alright though, it gives me a little break to sit here and blog for y'all! I hope y'all don't mind if I make these blogs a little more personal at the beginnings. 
Anyways, let's get into the design! Today I have a sparkly side French design. I don't believe I've ever done a side French before, but I've really been wantin to for awhile, especially the last month. I'm glad I finally tried it, it's so simple and beautiful, I can see myself doin these again in different color combos. 
Can we talk about how awesome this new camera is?! I love it! 
Alright so I started with a base of Essie "Chinchilly," which is a gorgeous taupey grey color! I'm in love with it! 
Before we do the side french, I added a layer of top coat (Salon Perfect, per usual) to protect our base color, as I don't want to top coat the glitter polish later. I'm wantin to keep that gritty texture for the final design. 

Then I'm usin Essie "Beyond Cozy," a gorgeous gold glitter, for the side french. 
I used a thin striper brush to first draw the outline of the smile, to help create a cleaner smile line. 

And then to finish it up I just used the polish brush from the bottle to fill in the side french. 




And that's it! I know this design is super simple and probably seems pointless for a tutorial, but I rather like it and it was my first time tryin the design, so of course I wanted to share with y'all! 
There's also a video tutorial up on YouTube you can check that out here:

If you get inspired by me use the tag #MagsyInspired on Instagram so I can see! Thanks for stoppin by and I'll talk to y'all next time! 

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment