Friday, January 1, 2016

HAPPY NEW YEAR 2016! (A Look Back At 2015)

Hey Y'all!!!!
I am bringin this blog back! I can't believe that I haven't blogged since August! I have been wantin to get back into the swing of things but I just couldn't find the perfect time, so I decided to wait until New Years Day!
Another factor in this decision was that I knew I was gettin a new phone for Christmas and I was hopin to get it before New Years so I could get everythin all newly jazzed up! But of course as luck would have it, the phone is sittin in the ups office, in my town until Monday the 4th! So frustratin! I wanted to a launch it all at the New Year, but it'll just be a few days late! I thought since I wanted this blog to be a look back on 2015, that I atleast launch it on the 1st and let the rest follow next week. I'm plannin to add a new welcome video and newly formatted videos to my YouTube and of course better quality photos to my instagram and other social medias! I am so excited about this revamp, it's just gonna make it all feel fresh and new and give me that jump start I need to get back in gear for 2016!
Anyways onto what this post is actually about!
HAPPY NEW YEAR Y'ALL!!!!!
I hope y'all had great celebrations with family and friends and are ready for a fresh start to another wonderful year! I am so excited to share this look back on my 2015 with you, so grab a drink, and lets get started!

JANUARY
I started my year with my new Erin Condren Life Planner!

I have to say I loved this thing all the way til today! It held up through the whole year, never fell apart and I've already got mine for this year! I will enjoy keepin these as well to look back through my years.
Then January started off with a David Bowie/Queen tribute concert with my two besties, Sarah and Anatali! These girls have been with me since high school! We have been best friends since senior year, making it 11 years of friendship! I Love them dearly and can't wait til we're all 93 (don't know why 93 gol) and lookin back on this moment!

We all got ready together at my house wearing our Bowie and Queen shirts!

This was Bowie, He was sooooooo awesome! He really had the Bowie vibe down, it was as close as I'll ever get to seein the real deal!

Oh man Queen was amazin as well! Super hot!
It was one of the best concerts I've ever been too, even though it wasn't the real deal!

FEBRUARY
February 1st was my 1 year anniversary of workin as a nailtech, in my first salon! It had been a wonderful year of learnin and growin in my talents and confidence.
I also got my nail polish tattoo to commemorate that!

This has been my favorite tattoo of all of mine! I have 8 total! I just love the placement of this one and the meanin! It's how I envision my own brand of polish someday to look! I just love how unique it is and that it was hand drawn for me by my artist! She's so amazin and if you're ever in the Fresno area I say go check her out! (Lisa D from Liquid Fetish).

MARCH
March was a pretty blah month! I ended up gettin a huge sinus/ear infection at the end of the month that resulted in the worst dizziness I have ever experienced! I went to 2 doctors before figurin out what was wrong and it took almost the entire month of April to get my health back!

APRIL
April was a crazy month because of my illness and the many things I still managed to do!
It was my first indie polish swatch job! I got to swatch and review some of Polishtbh's disney princess collection! It was so fun and that's when I first discovered macro shots!

The rodeo was also this month! I was just startin to feel better and of course couldn't pass it up!

Me and My Mom in the stands.

We love to watch the bull ridin!
The last event this month was super excitin! I was invited by Nail Pro Magazine to be a blogger for the Pasadena Nail Pro Convention!

It was so fun to meet Sarah and Lizzie and the crew from Nail Pro! They're so sweet! I definitely felt like I got the star treatment! haha! I also got to meet a fellow instagramer (Denisselove) She was super sweet! The whole experience was awesome! I got lots of free goodies and of course hauled quite a few! It was a great day trip and I would love to do it again!

MAY
May was pretty bland until the Pirate Fest with Anatali!

She came over early and I did our nails for the festivities! It was a fun day, walkin around and seein a bird show, with some yummy food and great company.
This was also the month my 21 year old cat started to get sick! I was so scared I was gonna lose her but then she came back from deaths door and made almost a full recovery for awhile.
Also on the 31st of this month I moved out of my first salon. It was a bittersweet move, but they were closin down and I was ready for a new adventure!


JUNE
June first I moved into a new shop! Just blocks down from the first one! It was a better location and had more coworkers! I instantly fell in love with the women I worked with and they both taught me valuable things in both nails and life! I will treasure them always! This shop was a good transition for me, I gained a little bit of clientele and major confidence in myself!


JULY
Of course July was independence day! We went to a friend's house where fireworks are more enjoyable to see!
But the best part of July was my video shoot at Nail Pro Mag's headquarters!
It was the best, most excitin, and tirin and scariest days of my life! hahaha!
I loved every minute of it, but it was all so overwhelmin at the same time! I was so used to filmin in my room by myself, and suddenly was infront of a crew of people, doin take after take. The crew was all so amazin, and I got tons of great products to try. It was crazy to see all I did to get the videos filmed and couldn't wait to see them all put together! They started comin out shortly after that and still the last videos were just released a couple weeks ago!
Here's all the links if you wanna check em out:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X0ygS4V2oak
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ydo35yX5U_0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0KlOg909us
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cF9pi3TafSU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j7vpve0iXp4

AUGUST
August. Ooohhhhh August gol! August I started online datin! haha! I don't do a whole lot of goin out and such and just thought why not! I've heard of and known a few couples who met online so I thought I'd give it a try. It was so nerve wrackin at first and I met some interstin guys, let me tell you hahah!

SEPTEMBER
Still online datin....gol.
A lot of people don't know this about me, but I did civil war reenactin growin up for 8 years! So this year we all finally had a reunion! It was so awesome to see everyone! Some of them I hadn't seen in about 14 years or so, includin my childhood bestfriend Emily! It was so great to see her and talk with her about our lives! We have each other on facebook of course, but it's not the same as in person!

OCTOBER
still online datin.......
but I spent this month with what I thought at the time to be a great guy. We parted ways at the end of the month, and I have no hard feelings towards him (well hardly any gol) but he gave me hope that there might actually be a guy out there for me, even havin met online. It was a month full of fun and butterflies and ultimately I'm grateful for it.
Also I lost my 21 year old cat this month. My baby I had since I was 6 went to be in heaven. I miss her dearly! Sometimes I still think I see her slinkin around my house.

Also October 30th I moved out of my 2nd salon! It was again bittersweet but I was again excited for a new adventure!

NOVEMBER
Still online datin....gol. Gotta get back on the horse haha!
November 1st I moved into my new shop, where I am currently now!
R Salon and Spa in Old Town Clovis if you're ever in the area and wanna get your nails done by yours truly!
It is an amazin salon! I feel so at home there and the women I work with are all so great! They are caring, loving, supportive women and I have grown to love them so much already!
My clientele grew so much in November, between walkins and callins and returnin clients! It was truly a blessin from God!

I also got to meet fellow instagramer ThePolishedJuiceBox! Bre! She's so awesome! I love her! She lives near me and she came to get her nails done by me for her wedding!

Also this month I went on a roadtrip with my friend Caitlin to see The Pioneer Woman, Ree Drummond at her book signing! It was such a random fun day trip! We stood in line outside for almost 4 hours and it was all totally worth it! We also got to meet up with our friend Dani, which was so great to see her as she doesn't live near us anymore.

She was so lovely, exactly how she is on her show! I just love her and can't wait to cook out of this book!
Oh and of course Turkey Day was this month! It was a good at home Thanksgiving and I had lots to be thankful for!

DECEMBER
STILL online datin....a couple more interestin guys gol. Come on Santa what happened to my husband?! hahaha!
My Birthday Month! December 3rd! It was a pretty normal day, but still felt pretty good to see where I was and how far I'd come since last year! I'm 28 now and am actually excited about it!

This month was good, but also weird at the same time! I never fully felt like it was Christmas until the day before! I put out Christmas decorations and had 1 stolen off my porch, leavin me feelin a little angry towards the holidays. Work was just so busy, as I've almost doubled my clientele in just 2 months, that I feel I didn't have the time to really enjoy the Christmas spirit. Online datin, and datin in general can take up a lot of your time as well. You wouldn't think it would but it's quite distractin and difficult to go on so many failed dates and still enjoy somethin as magical as Christmas. However Christmas did arrive and it turned out to be really great actually! It felt a little more relaxed this year but none the less it was magical and spiritual and nice. I got just a few presents as I didn't really want anything much this year besides clothes and a new iphone to improve all my social media and I got just that! I did a lot of shoppin this month for myself, but I felt I needed it for my new found self! I found exactly who I am this month and how I want to feel and I needed my outsides to reflect that! That's somethin I hope everyone can find for themselves this new year!

And that's it! That was my year! Wow!
A lot has happened to, for and around me and I'm grateful for it all! I honestly can say that starting this 2016 year, I am the happiest I believe I have ever been in my life! That's not to say I wasn't happy as a child and throughout my life, but as an adult woman, finally figurin out who she is and what she wants, I am truly HAPPY.
My new years resolution is:
To continue to love myself and live each day more fully
Continue growin my business/clientele
And to find Love!
That's all I want this year and I don't see why I shouldn't be able to have just that! God has already blessed me with more that I could have imagined this year and I know he will just continue to do the same!

So that's it Blog number 1 of 2016! I hope y'all enjoyed this peek into the last year of my life and that it wasn't too borin for ya gol, as I really want to continue connectin with y'all more and sharin more peeks into my life this year!

HAPPY NEW YEAR Y'ALL!
Cheers to 2016! May it the best year yet!


post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment