Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Saran Wrap Marble

Hey y'all! 
So it's Wednesday! *wink wink* ok so it's Tuesday as I'm typin this. Tuesdays are weird to me. They're worse than a Monday because they're not in the beginning but they're not the middle yet either. It's just kinda blah haha. Anways today I have a Saran Wrap Marble design for ya. 
I have been wantin to do marble nails for awhile. I tried 3 other techniques for this and I didn't like a single one of them so I went with my trusty saran wrap mani. 

Let's get into the how: 

These are the colors I used: 
Salon Perfect "Sugar Cube", Sephora Formula X "Extraordinary", Sinful Colors "My Turn", and Salon Perfect "Oil Slick"

I started with a white base (Sugar Cube)

Then you'll need a piece of saran wrap and crumple it up.

I started with the light grey (Extraordinary) and put it directly onto the saran wrap piece.

Then I dabbed it all over my nail. 

It'll look somethin like this.

Next I used the dark grey (My Turn) and put it onto the saran.

And dabbed it onto the nail. Very lightly though, so I don't cover too much of the white and light grey. 

It'll look like this.

Then lastly I used the black (Oil Slick). 

I dabbed this on very very lightly and in quick dabs. I really didn't want the black to overpower everythin else.

Then use a small brush with acetone to clean up any polish you might have on the skin. 

Finish everythin off with your favorite top coat. I use Salon Perfect.


And that's it!

Here's the video tutorial: http://youtu.be/iXZiqOaIbS0


I hope y'all enjoyed this super simple, quick design! I really love the way these turned out, might have to try em in different color combos. 
If you get inspired by me use the tag #MagsyInspired on Instagram so I can see! 
Hope y'all have a good Tues.....ugh I mean Wednesday!!!! 
See ya next time!
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment