Wednesday, October 22, 2014

The Addams Family *snap snap*

Hey y'all!

Today I have a "Then & Now" post!
A year ago in manicure school we had to do some Halloween themed nails and I chose to do The Addams Family. I found a pic on google of the cartoon version, because I'm not that great at drawing real life people, and painted them all out on white acrylic nails. I remember thinking they were pretty good and feeling proud of myself, but now lookin back I can't believe how far I've come now! So this year I was randomly lookin through my nail album and found those nails and thought I should try to do a then and now post! So here we are!

Here are my originals from last year.
Now last year I was still just gettin started on drawing cartoons and just started using acrylic paints. 
Also paintin on a fake hand that doesn't move well is a little difficult. But for me at this time this was a big deal that I had painted these. 

Now for the big reveal of this years recreation!

I am extremely proud of these! I decided it would be better to do closeups so I could do more detail this time. I used all polish because I always forget to bring my acrylic paints home from my shop and yes I so need to buy a new set to keep at home as well. Anyways, I used a white background of OPI "My Boyfriend Scales Walls." and then did all my outlining with the new Fantasy Makers Black. I also used Sinful Colors "My Turn" matte grey for some accents on their clothes and faces and also a no name light grey polish I got at ross a long while ago for Gomez and Grandma's faces as they are darker than the rest the family. These took me about 4 hours to do. I really wanted to take my time and put real effort into it. I had to redo a few things a couple times but overall it went pretty smoothly. I'm sure if I would've had acrylic paints the overall look would've been a little smoother but I don't mind it. I'm very proud of where I've come from over the past 4 years and this is just proof that practice does work!

Here's the picture that I used as inspiration

I also did some closeups I thought would be fun to see of each nail

Fester and Pugsley
you can see the little mess ups I had and I just didnt' wanna redo them, my white was runnin way low and not doin much good to do cover ups. 

Morticia 
This is my favorite nail. I really love how she came out especially considering how she came out the first time.

Gomez and Wednesday
This is one character I had to redo a couple times. His eyes weren't turnin out for me so I recovered his whole face twice before I got it. I really love how wednesday came out too. she's just so cute gol really old school lookin. 

Lurch and Grandma
The pic came out a little blurry but I love the way Grandma turned out! hahah I just love the personality in her! 

And I was just playin around havin some fun and made a Family Portrait with my nails! Gol

Here's a few more pics of this mani as I can't get over how much I love it! I really wish I didn't have to ever take it off! I'm thinkin of recreating it yet again on a fake set to keep!



Thanks for stoppin by! I hope y'all enjoyed!

If you're inspired by me tag #MagsyInspired and me (maagsdinwiddie)

Find Me Here Too:

~Maags








No comments:

Post a Comment