Sunday, October 19, 2014

Merely A Flesh Wound!

Hey y'all!
Today I have a Halloween ripped flesh design!
I was so inspired by (ThePolishedJuiceBox) on instagram. She did an awesome tape mani just like this in white and neons, definitely go check it out on her profile. The moment I saw it I immediately thought how I could turn it into a Halloween mani. I went right to scratch marks and thought a red base with neutral toppers would be cool! 

So here's how I created this fun ripped flesh tape, dry brush mani!

Start with a red base.

Then add 3 strips of striping tape in an angle across your nail. You'll most likely want to do this one nail at a time to help with the tape process and to make sure it doesn't stick too much.

Use your first neutral color in a dry brush method. Wipe most the polish off the brush and gently drag it across your nail. I used Zoya "Jacqueline" first. You'll also want to do these next few steps quickly so the polish doesnt dry too much around the tape. 

Add the next color Pure Ice "Shore Bet" in the opposite direction that you applied your first color. 

Next add your third color, which is a darker brown to give some definition. I used Zoya "louise" 

Lastly before removin the tape I added one last coat of Pure Ice "Shore Bet" to blend some of the dark brown.

Now immediately remove the tape to reveal the red scratch marks underneath.

And there ya go! In a few simple steps you can have some fun unique ripped flesh nails!

Make sure to clean up around your cuticles and add a quick dry top coat!

Here's a few pics of the final look! 




Thanks for stoppin by! Hope y'all enjoyed! 

Find Me Here Too:

~Maags





No comments:

Post a Comment