Tuesday, October 14, 2014

All Patched Up!

Hello My Little Ghouls and Gals! 
Ive got a crafty design that's sure to have you in stitches!
(ok bad joke gol!)

Today I've got a Halloween themed patchwork design. 
I've done this design 3 years in a row now, but each in a slightly different way.
This year I wanted to have a little more fun with it and add designs to my "patches."


I am absolutely in love with how they turned out this year and hope y'all enjoy them as well!
I took the time to do a pictorial so let's get started! 

Step 1:
Paint your nails with a base of orange. This step is optional, you can just skip ahead and paint each color section on a bare nail if you'd like, but my orange is very thin and using it as a base made things much easier for me. 

Step 2: 
Use a striper brush to draw outlines of your purple patches.

Step 3:
Fill in your purple patches. I just used the polish brush for this.

Step 4; 
Draw your green outlines and fill those patches in next.

Step 5:
For the orange patches I chose to do black dots, so use a small dotting tool or something similar like a bobby pin, to make small black dots on all the orange. 

Step 6:
Use the striper brush again with black and outline all the patches.

Step 7:
For the green patches I wanted spider webs so fill that in on the green and then add stitch lines into the purple patches across the black outlines. I also at the last minute decided to add some white dots inside a few of the black dots. 

I really loved how these tuned out! It seemed great in my head and on paper when I planned it out but on the nail it turned out greater! I love this time of year and all the inspiration that comes with it! 

Here's my patchwork designs from years past.

2012

2013

2014

So that's it for this one. I hope y'all enjoyed it and if I gave you some inspiration be sure to tag #MagsyInspired and me on instagram so I can see it! 
Happy Patching!

Find Me Here Too:

~Maags










2 comments:

  1. Love the throwback picks! Definitely shows how much you have improved!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks so much! It's nice to look back every now and then!

      Delete