Tuesday, February 2, 2016

Sugar Spun Valentines

Hey Y'all! 
It's February! Time for Valentine's Day nails! 
I'm never sure how I'll feel about Valenetine's Day until it comes around. Last year was a tough one for me, I was dealin with a broken heart and it definitely showed in the designs I did haha. This year I've been online datin and even though it's been a little rough, it's still given me hope of true love so I'm trying to let that show through in my new designs. Hopefully you'll enjoy what I come up with. 

Today I have a sugar spun valentine design. 
I haven't done sugar spun in quite awhile so this was fun. It just reminded me of candy with the chocolate drizzles. 

Let's get into how: 
I started with a hot pink base of Salon Perfect "Wrapped Around My Pink-y"

I'm usin this plate from bundle monster with the hearts design. 

And my clear jelly stamper from the born pretty store. 

Start by placin a red polish onto the image. I used Salon Perfect "Salsa Dance."

Then I scrape the polish towards me. I'm usin my creative shop scraper because I don't like the scraper that comes with the stamper. 

Pick up the image with a slight rollin motion. 

There's the design on the stamper.

Line the stamper up over the nail and look down the center to help with placement and squish it down on the nail.

Clean your stamper with a piece of tape. 

On a piece of paper I let some white polish (Salon Perfect "Sugar Cube") sit and get sticky. Then usin a small dottin tool I drag into the polish and string it across my nail. 

It'll end up looking like this once you're done. 

Use a small brush with acetone to clean up any polish on the skin.

Finish everythin off with your favorite top coat.


I placed this napkin under my nails so I could try to show better color accuracy. The pink is so hard to capture on camera. It's even lighter still than this picture.

And that's it! 
Watch the video tutorial here: 

Hope y'all enjoyed this look! I'm off to figure out the next one! 
See ya next time!
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment